ABOUT A FRESH START
A Fresh Start supports those impacted by homelessness.
We provide our services in the spirit of community and guidance from a few basic principles.
1. People are more alike than they are different.
2. Those experiencing and emerging from homelessness are our equals and neighbors (figuratively and literally).
As they rise, so do we.
3. People take better care of their possessions when they are of a quality they can be proud of and enjoy.
4. What we do is a hand up, not a hand out. We are planting a seed of hope.
5. Without the comfort of a home furnished with the foundational items that allow a person to eat, bathe, sleep, study, and relax, they cannot function at their best when they are at school or work.
6. Following through on our promises to our clients may have a significant impact on someone who has been dejected or isolated by their circumstances.
A Fresh Start originates from Mankato, Minnesota, was founded in 2020, and registered with the State of Minnesota and the federal government along with being designated a 501c(3) in 2022.